Porting android ROM tutorial
When porting a rom , you should check the Kernel version of the Port Rom and the Base Rom
They both should be similar,
like you can port from :
3.18.xx to 3.18.xx only
3.10.xx to 3.10.xx only
You should focus on booting the rom instead of bug fixing and doing other things.
- You should focus on booting the rom instead of bug fixing and doing other things.
- When you port a rom change files wisely dont just copy paste
- porting a rom can get tough according to the rom, like porting an aosp build can be easy but porting a miui build is considered one of the most toughed and irritating thing.
- Respect the efforts by the previous dev.
- Credits, when you port a rom that rom was made by someone , ported by someone or bug fixed by someone – so by any means if you know the source and the dev or team whose build you are porting please give credit.
- IF ROM DOESNT BOOT TAKE LOG ( From ADB)
adb shell logcat > log.txt
and check what is causing issue
- Its always recommended to use a Stable or near to Stable Roms
- Carliv Image Kitchen
- Cross Port and Porting Guides
- Unpack and Repack without PC guide
- Meta-INF Info
- Meta-Inf generator
- Sample Recovery flashable zip
- Assert Failed ? check this
- Howto Port Android ROM (Mediatek)
- MTK bug fixing
- Recovery porting
- Qualcomm bug fixing
Nice Youtube Channel