Tested on J5 pro 2017 (android 7) Galaxy SM-J530F, Exynos7870
Root using supersu
- Boot to Twrp
- Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options. (Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
- Check DATA is mountable.
- Install SuperSU (if root is required)
- Install boot image patch below.
Root using Magisk
- Flashed the stok ROM first.
- Enable OEM and USB debugging
- Flashed TWRP twrp_v3.1.1_SM-J530F with Odin3 v3.12.7 and disable Auto Reboot option.
- Important: Reboot my phone holding Vol down, Home button, Power button AND when vibrate, Imminently pushed Vol up, Home button, Power button to go directly into TWRP.
- Install Magisk-v14.0 (it fails, but just do it instead of installing SuperSU)
- Boot my phone and restore al my apps from the play store include root checker. It has already root acces now
- Install MagiskManager-v5.3.0.apk and dowload inside this app Magisk-v14.0.zip and choose Update (recommended)
- With MagiskManager you are now able to disable root checking apps like SnapChat from root access. So my Snapchat is still working now