Do With Your Own Risk!!
If you use android 7, downgrade to android 6. By the time this tutorial was written there is no xposed for android 7. And you need to unlock your bootloader.
Step 1 – Download Fastboot / ADB package from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
Step 2 – Turn OFF your phone.
Step 3 – Connect your Nexus 5X to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 4 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.0.0-bullhead.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 5 – Now go into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on Nexus 5X. How? Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen. This is Bootloader Mode.
Step 6 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.
Step 7 – Type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-bullhead.img
Step 8 – Once completed, choose RECOVERY from the Fastboot menu using your volume keys and enter Recovery Mode.
Patch Root and TWRP
- Go into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on Nexus 5X. Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen
- Choose RECOVERY from the Fastboot menu using your volume keys and enter Recovery Mode
- Hit cancel at the password screen, then go into Wipe and then do a factory reset by swiping.
- Then go back into Wipe and press the ‘Format data’ button. You have to type ‘Yes’, and it will take a few seconds. After that everything should work normall.
- Advance > enable MTP on TWRP
- Connect usb to your phone, create a folder
- copy BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip, xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64.zip and xposed-uninstaller-20150831-arm64.zip to that folder folder
- Back to the main menu and choose install,
- Back To the main menu and exit to android OS
- Wait for a while for android to loading, it take quite a while
- If it take long time, press power for long time until it shutdown/restart
- If your device got a bootlop, Go Recovery Mode and install xposed-uninstaller-20150831-arm64.zip
Install TWRP in Android
Now you have supersu menu in your android, but still dont have xposed menu there althought you allready patch it.
- Enabled USB debugging in Setting
- Open CMD.exe in adb.exe folder
- type adb devices, it will ask confirmation on the phone. Choose Yes
- Now copy XposedInstaller_3.1.1.apk to adb folder
- Run this command : adb install XposedInstaller_3.1.1.apk
- Now check in menu drawer you will see Xposed Shortcut thereI’ve used this because we can’t install from Nexus default hidden file manager..
- Settings, selecting Storage,
- going to USB and then tapping on Explore